Join SWC to support your writing or join to support writers in your community.
What’s in store:
– our 11th anthology – all members are eligible
– learning opportunities
– peer support, feedback
– workshops & events
– book promotion and sales at our market stalls
General Meetings (open to all)
We meet to talk about the writing life, share our plans, arrange for feedback, brainstorm for the anthology, brainstorm where to submit writing, engage in community etc.
– SWC general meeting on Zoom, January 25th at 6:45 pm (email us for a link, all welcome)
– SWC general meeting in the Sooke library, Feb. 8 at 6:45pm
Member & Group Meetings
- Down the Rabbit Hole (via zoom) is an informal hour-long monthly afternoon event providing an opportunity for members who are not available in the evenings, to connect in a relaxed Zoom setting, with other writers. It runs monthly on the 8th. Pour yourself a cup of tea, help yourself to a large slice of cake and join in the general chat about life and the challenges of writing … or writing and the challenges of life. Created/Moderated by Clare Winstanley
- Currently there are working groups for short prose, long prose, poetry and memoir. Most meet via Zoom once or twice a month but there will be opportunities to sometimes meet live once we move out of the winter season. These groups meet to share writing and receive feedback, discuss submission plans and are a great learning experience. Thinking we need another kind/genre of writing group? Let’s talk about it.
When asked, ‘How do you write?’ I invariably answer, ‘one word at a time’. ~Stephen King